March Madness starts on Tuesday! Woot! Woot! Our Fighting Illini didn’t fare so well this year, but that’s okay. There are plenty more great teams to root for and great POPCORN to enjoy while watching. We recently found this recipe for Classic Barbecue Popcorn and its a real treat. We hope you enjoy while watching your team advance this March.
Classic Barbecue Popcorn
– 4 quarts freshly popped Pilot Knob Comforts hull-less popcorn
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Dash freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– Put the popcorn in a large, clean paper bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, barbecue sauce, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
– Drizzle the oil mixture over the popcorn, fold over the top of the bag, and shake until the popcorn is coated and moist. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the popcorn, fold over the top of the bag, and shake a few times to coat.
We hope you enjoy!